Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
HEAD OF SPORTSWEAR - FULL-TIME, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have a fabulous opportunity in our Buying & Merchandising team for an experienced Head of Sportswear. The successful person will head up the END. Sportswear Team and business. We are seeking an experienced buying professional who lives for sneaker culture, and also has the perfect balance of buying talent and taste, commercial acumen, and management experience.
The successful candidate will manage, develop and grow the END. sportswear business, as well as managing and developing members of the team.
This is a senior role within the END. Buying Team and requires previous buying experience, market knowledge, and an ability to work independently to develop the business. The role will work closely with the company founders and CEO’s.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, manage and develop the sportswear buying team across both Men’s and Women’s.
- Work as part of the buying team to place to select product and place order for all sportswear brands at END.
- Become a main point of contact on a day to day basis within the business for all sportswear suppliers.
- Attend all buying appointments and other buying related trips / Zooms.
- Manage and develop key supplier relationships to help grow and develop the business.
- Take full ownership of the order process, ensuring all product orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Take full ownership of all order book reconciles in conjunction with the merchandising team.
- Work with the merchandising team to ensure all product is called off for delivery in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the merchandising team to take full responsibility for all re-orders, ensuring all opportunities are maximised.
- Work with the END. Launches team to help ensure products are launched in a timely manner and all opportunities are maximised.
- Work closely with END.’s suppliers to develop and grow the business.
- Research and present new brands and opportunities to the business.
- Work closely with the Buying Director to develop offer, selection and strategy.
- Work with suppliers to increase margins
- Work to KPI’s including revenue, margin, new brand acquisition and collaboration/ SMU development.
- Work closely with the END. Collaborations team to develop opportunities for future collaborations and SMU projects.
- Work with the brand marketing team on culture and community initiatives.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience buying within the sportswear industry.
- Existing relationships and connections within the industry and at the key sportswear brands.
- Strong supplier stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Strong interest an enthusiasm for the fashion, sports and sneaker industries.
- Dedicated to managing, recruiting and developing a team of best-in-class buyers
- Educated to Degree level or have the relevant demonstrable experience
- Highly professional, an outstanding communicator, and have strong networking skills.
- Show initiative, highly motivated and can work independently.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate good judgement and strong decision-making skills
- Commercially minded, with the ability to make strong commercial decisions.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft software.
What we can offer you
The package offered will be commensurate with skills and experience required for the role. Other benefits offered are:
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous Staff Discount
- Access to END. Exclusives benefits platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Eye-test vouchers
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time