Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
OPERATIONS MANAGER- GOODS IN – FULL-TIME, NORTH EAST
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel, and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Logistics department for a Operations Manager for Goods In. This is a pivotal role here at END. responsible for people, quality, and health and safety. Working in a fast-paced and innovative department, the successful candidate will be responsible managing the flow of products where accuracy and forward-thinking is key.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of all warehouse colleagues allocated to their department.
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and general well-being of all employees within the department, in accordance with current legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Control of all goods into sites under management (to include upstream supply-chain management, receipting, booking into ERP system and put-away to stock location)
- Effective management of warehousing space, ensuring most efficient and optimal storage methodologies are utilised, constantly reviewed and actively managed
- Accountable for delivery of all directives prescribed by General Logistics Manager.
- Daily labour planning to ensure resource is balanced across the department and that performance targets are being met as well as reporting and justification of performance, implementing remedies to adversity and sharing best practice.
- Liaising with external departments to ensure that the operational requirements and parameters are being realised and enforced.
- Implementation and management of new operational practices, incorporating RA and SWPs.
- Reviewing and analysing current processes and procedures in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Actively drive high standards within the department and promote a culture of excellence in every aspect of the role.
- Coach, mentor and support direct reports and colleagues and implement structured development programmes.
- Create high levels of employee engagement by managing day-to-day communications and promoting performance through engagement strategies within the operation.
- Ensure accurate and relevant people processes are managed and carried out in a timely manner e.g. appraisals, return to work, investigations, grievances and disciplinary hearings.
- Ensure all colleagues within the department are appropriately trained, to ensure both SWP adherence and adequate skills cover for daily activities.
- Ensure all department activities are conducted in-line with the company H&S policies.
- Embrace an holistic approach to operations, ensuring close liaison with department managers both within and across sites to ensure sharing of best practices and a joined-up approach.
- Play a central role in ensuring the successful delivery of Company WMS, acting as champion, supporting the broader Logistics function, and ensuring Goods-In team are fully engaged, supported and proficient in its use prior to final sign-off
- Carrying out any other duties as can reasonably be requested.
What you'll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Ability to demonstrate similar experience in prior roles is essential, operating at a significant scale in terms of team size, operational volume and supply-chain complexity/uncertainty
- Experience of working within a Continuous Improvement environment.
- Six Sigma/Lean Process Improvement qualification would be beneficial.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to effectively influence those at a senior level.
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to END.’s internal customers and contractors.
What we can offer you
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Company pension scheme.
- Generous staff discount.
- Access to our personalised rewards platform and health cash plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programmme and Mental Health first Aiders
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Closing date for applications: 31st
January 2022, however this vacancy may close earlier due to the volume of applications we receive.