This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Back-End Developer to join END. - the leading global online destination for contemporary menswear - working as a key part of our rapidly growing Engineering Department.
The successful candidate will be working as part of our END. Backend team, primarily focussed on creating new features and functionality that should be implemented in a scalable, performant way. In addition to this they will be responsible for developing microservices that sit outside of our existing Magento backend, as well as working with 3rd party integrations or processes.
As part of our in house team you will be able to produce your best work, in a relaxed creative environment, and will be rewarded by seeing the impact of your work on real customers in the real world.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with a copy of your CV and a link to your Github portfolio.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new cutting edge functionality for our END. ecommerce platform
- Work closely with other key team members to solve the technical challenges faced by a rapidly growing ecommerce business
- Provide support to more junior developers where required and assist with code reviews
- Work to improve performance and scalability
- Implement integrations to third party systems such as ERP, payment gateways, fraud and marketing solutions
- Ad hoc development tasks for our other products may be required from time to time
We’re looking for:
- 3-5 years commercial PHP / MySQL experience
- 2+ years working with Laravel, Symfony or similar PHP framework
- Solid experience working with 3rd party integrations and API’s
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes (bonus)
- Experience with React or Magento (bonus)
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledge of/experience of working in Agile/Scrum environment
- An aptitude for creative problem solving
- A passion for creating clean and efficient code
- Excellent written and spoken English
What we can offer
- Relaxed open plan office in Old Street, Central London
- R&D opportunities and twice yearly Hackathons — it’s important to us that everyone in our team is immersed in Tech and has time to play and innovate.
- Training and development opportunities — if there’s something you want to learn, we’re here to support you
- Unlimited pats with our office dog, Insta-famous @iamfrankiethepomsky
- Regular team outings & Friday drinks
- Generous staff discount
- High spec hardware (Macbook Pro and high-resolution monitor)
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme