Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO MANAGER – FULL TIME, WASHINGTON, UK
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Studio and Content Operations department for a Photography Studio Manager. Under the supervision of the Head of Photography & Content Operations, the Photography Studio Manager will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the day -to-day operations of the E-Commerce Photography Studio. Working closely with other departments to ensure that business objectives in terms of online styling and product upload are met in order to optimise online sales opportunities. Responsibility for the delivery of high-quality and customer engaging photography to ensure a best in class, and ever improving customer experience
What you'll be doing
- Oversee the complete E-Commerce Studio process for all product from the intake of all new stock, to the generation of high quality product imagery / content.
- Operational management of the team including team leaders, photographers, stylists, studio assistants and studio stock team.
- Managing daily KPIs and reshoot targets and producing performance and data statistics, to drive operational excellence, best in class and efficient processes; focusing on time to site and cost.
- Collaborative working with the logistics team to optimise and reduce time to site.
- Emphasize and maintain guidelines to ensure minimal stock loss, damage to product and the upkeep of studio equipment and facilities.
- Maintenance and delivery of all process and style guide documentation, including thorough and clear communication to all team members to ensure a consistent approach at all points.
- Continual review and analysis of imagery, exploring ways to improve and develop, to encourage engagement and conversion, supporting a market leading customer experience.
- Manage team resources and external support to budget, in order to provide flexibility and growth during peak periods.
- Continue to build, develop and maintain a high performing team who love working with us.
What you'll be able to demonstrate
Skills and experience
- Experience managing and developing a large studio team and processes, in a controlled and efficient manner, whilst working to tight deadlines.
- A passionate and dedicated leader, a positive and collaborative team player, with the self-confidence, and motivation to succeed.
- Excellent numeracy skills and experience working to budget.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- A dynamic and agile approach to the rapidly changing demands of a growing company.
- Highly organised and detail orientated with an ability to influence and prioritise, always striving for excellence.
- A passion for product, a ‘customer first’ mindset, and drive to exceed expectations
- Experience in a multi-brand luxury fashion retailer would be beneficial.
- Sound knowledge of the end to end E-Commerce Process from delivery of stock, through to upload of images.
- Ability to delegate tasks while maintaining visibility across multiple teams.
- The ability to think innovatively to produce high quality content, in efficient way, knowing when to keep it simple.
- The ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- A desire to push boundaries and go above and beyond to drive success.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discount and staff sales
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Eye-test vouchers
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Working hours: Normal working hours will be 5 days a week, 42.5hrs a week
Closing date for applications: July 31st 2020