Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
HR ADVISOR – FULL-TIME, WASHINGTON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our People Team for an HR Advisor. As a HR Advisor you will coach, influence and support our managers to deliver an exceptional experience for all of our people at each stage of the employee life cycle. You will support leaders to create an environment where people are proud to work for us, are inspired to deliver great services to our customers and each other, and where contribution is recognised. Help to embed the values and behaviours that make END. a great place to work and identify and develop people’s skills, talents and potential to enable them to grow personally and thrive at work
What you’ll be doing:
- To support our departments on all people related matters.
- Advise managers on complex absence issues to manage absence appropriately and coach managers to develop the skills and competence to take accountability for absence management in their areas.
- Provide advice and guidance on all employee relations issues including disciplinary and grievances investigations and hearings, provide support on complex disciplinary and grievance cases.
- Review all employee relations matters to identify key learning points and any resultant actions.
- Coach and train managers to develop the capability and confidence to handle all employee relations situations effectively and consistently and wherever possible resolve matters informally.
- Support and coach managers with performance related matters ensuring any issues are managed effectively and development and performance improvement plans are in place.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers on employment legislation and company policies.
- Ensures effective implementation of new or revised procedures and policies and provide support and training to managers as required.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers on health and wellbeing matters in their areas.
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of people projects and initiatives to improve the people experience and increase employee engagement.
- Prepare and maintain various reports as required.
- Ensures the HRIS is maintained accurately for absence management and ER purpose.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own role and how this inter-relates with other roles to deliver outputs. Keeps up to date with developments in their technical or professional area of expertise.
- Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within broader projects. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, legislative etc.). Selects the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- A good understanding of the department and how it interacts and collaboratives with other departments within the Company. Has a thorough understanding of professional area and how it fits within the wider Company.
- Provides guidance/support for new team members. May coordinate tasks for the team and check on quality and work progress.
- Typically resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on priorities. Has clearly defined areas of responsibility.
- Requires good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information to continuously raise the bar.
- Impacts by influencing decisions through advice to others in area of specialisation. Influencing decisions through responsibility for quality and timeliness of end results of their work area, which will eventually impact the overall performance and effectiveness of the department. Develops strong partnerships internally and externally to positively impact the customer.
- Sound communication and diplomacy skills to enable the exchange of complex information. Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Qualified to or working towards Level 5 CIPD.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time