Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
LOGISTICS DIRECTOR – FULL-TIME, WASHINGTON
END. is a leading digital e-commerce fashion retailer working closely with over 700 global brands & designers serving over three million customers across the globe. Operating for over 16 years, END. has two self-operated North-East based distribution centres with over 250 directly employed logistics team members. The role will be based in the North East of England and working across a combination of both sites.
The role is to lead a best-in-class e-commerce fulfilment operation with a culture of excellence, strong focus on the customer and excellent employee engagement & culture. An exciting role in a fast-paced environment, END. is currently delivering over one million e-commerce orders per annum to a global customer base.
END. is soon to be expanding into Europe with a new 3PL partner to distribute directly to our EU customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- All outbound and inbound distribution across multiple sites including self-operated distribution centres & 3PL sites where appropriate:
- Manage & optimise the goods in process (+3m units inbound annually) to help improve stock time to online and support supplier relationships though fast payments for stock delivery into END.
- Manage & optimise customer e-commerce order fulfilment ensuring the timely dispatch of over one million customer orders annually from multiple DCs
- Improve Warehouse Management System & internal processes
- Manage & Optimise inventory and stock management team & process ensuring high levels of stock accuracy and helping mitigate against stock leakage
- Manage & oversee labour planning to meet changing volume demands (Black Friday, Peaks, Winter Sale, Sneaker Launches, regular spikes in customers demand etc.)
- Lead the optimisation the continuous improvement programme across two North East self-operated e-commerce distribution centres. Generally, improve the outbound distribution, customer service proposition and team efficiency & productivity
- Develop integrated supply chain practice within that ensures seamless operational processes within the distribution centres via enhanced supplier compliance and optimised inbounding of freight
- Support Inbound Planning team in maximising opportunities to deliver lowest cost options, manage risk and ensure optimal decision-making
- Support the COO in the development and execution of global e-commerce strategy
- Management and accountability for all 3PL relationships, driving continuous improvement in 3PL operations in relation to cost and quality metrics
- Accountability for all outbound parcel carrier relationships, ensuring service and cost metrics are optimised and that service propositions/offerings are maximised, driving customer experience and revenue
- Accountability for procurement and management of e-commerce packaging within the business. Management of supplier relationships, commercial negotiations and decision-making relating to sourcing
- Develop reporting and KPIs to support monitoring and continuous improvement
- Alongside the COO, accountability for preparation, delivery and execution of annual financial budgets relating to areas under control. Review and present capex plans for logistics equipment (MHE, vans, etc.)
- Recruiting, coaching, development, succession planning and performance management of the operations team
- Accountability for Health and Safety for Logistics to drive an embedded safety culture
- Support in leading Business Continuity Planning and execution programme for END.
- Develop and drive new practices designed to ensure low colleague attrition and high engagement, whilst also demonstrating alignment with emerging macro industry trends (reduction in labour availability /increased requirement for flexibility)
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience of leading internal self-operated e-commerce distribution centres and management of 3PL providers
- Educated to at least degree level
- Multichannel experience delivering a business driven ecommerce logistics strategy and end to end supply chain
- Exceptional track record of successfully leading teams in a growing business
- Strong ability and track record of influencing and motivating across all levels of the organisation
- Experience of driving and leading change to deliver efficiencies and innovation, with the flexibility and ability to navigate an ever-changing environment with moving business targets
- Good understanding of operational metrics, process improvement, and data analysis
- Ability to work and thrive in a passionate, energetic and performance-driven environment where the customer experience sits at the heart of everything we do
What we can offer you:
The package offered will be commensurate with the skills and experience required for the role. Other benefits offered are:
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Access to END. Exclusives benefits platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Registered access to Healthcare Benefits provider
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time, site based.