Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
SENIOR BUYER - SPORTSWEAR – FULL-TIME, NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Buying department for a Senior Buyer for Sportswear. We are looking for an experienced senior buyer who lives for sneaker culture but can also handle themselves in the boardroom. We are looking for the perfect balance of buying talent, commercial acumen, and exceptional professional pedigree.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, manage and develop the sportswear buying team
- Work as part of the buying team to place to select product and place order for all sportswear brands at END.
- Become a main point of contact on a day to day basis within the business for all sportswear suppliers.
- Attend all buying appointment and other buying related trips / Zooms.
- Manage and develop key supplier relationships to help grow and develop the business.
- Take full ownership of the order process, ensuring all product orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Take full ownership of all order book reconciles in conjunction with the merchandising team.
- Work with the merchandising team to ensure all product is called off for delivery in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the merchandising team to take full responsibility for all re-orders, ensuring all opportunities are maximised.
- Work with the END. Launches team to help ensure products are launched in a timely manner and all opportunities are maximised.
- Work closely with END.’s suppliers to develop and grow the business.
- Research and present new brands and opportunities to the business.
- Work closely with the Buying Directors to develop offer, selection and strategy.
- Work with suppliers to increase margins
- Work to KPI’s surrounding sell thru and margin
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Existing relationships and connections within the industry and at the key sportswear brands.
- Strong supplier stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Strong interest an enthusiasm for the fashion, sports and sneaker industries.
- Educated to Degree level.
- Highly analytical.
- Highly professional, an outstanding communicator, and have strong networking skills.
- Show initiative, highly motivated and can work independently.
- Organised & efficient.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate good judgement and strong decision-making skills
- Commercially minded, with the ability to make strong commercial decisions.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft software.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: Your standard working hours will be 42.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday.