Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our IT & Engineering department for a Senior Software Engineer. The Senior Software Engineer will be working as part of the highly focused dev team to implement new features and functionality in a scalable, performant way and in accordance with best practices. They will assist the Lead Software Engineer in managing the rest of the team and provide support in architecting solutions, delegating tasks, ensuring projects are staying on track, and be responsible for making key technical decision. They’ll play a key role in supporting the growth of the team in line with business objectives and be able to bring new ideas and technologies to the table that may help the department achieve it’s goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continually improve the software.
- Use your skills to build our platforms, systems and infrastructure paying particular attention to the quality of your work Impactfully lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Support, mentor and train other team members on design techniques, coding standards & documentation
- Add value to the team, cultivating innovation and progression through collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Be able to deploy both individual tasks and multiple tasks to production
- Be able to roll back production deployments
- Give insight into individuals' strengths and weaknesses, identifying training and development opportunities for the team
- Sharing and implementing ideas about how to improve the platform and overall developer experience
- Collaborating with other developers on how to approach their work and the plans for the future
- Demonstrates an ability to troubleshoot complex production problems
- Demonstrates an ability to traverse complex log data in order to troubleshoot production problems
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own role and how this inter-relates with other roles to deliver outputs. Keeps up to date with developments in their technical or professional area of expertise. Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within broader projects. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, legislative etc.). Selects the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- A good understanding of the department and how it interacts and collaboratives with other departments within the Company. Has a thorough understanding of professional area and how it fits within the wider Company.
- Provides guidance/support for new team members. May coordinate tasks for the team and check on quality and work progress. May act as coach/ mentor.
- Typically resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on priorities. Has clearly defined areas of responsibility. Requires good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information to continuously raise the bar.
- Impacts by influencing decisions through advice to others in area of specialisation. Influencing decisions through responsibility for quality and timeliness of end results of their work area, which will eventually impact the overall performance and effectiveness of the department. Develops strong partnerships internally and externally to positively impact the customer.
- Sound communication and diplomacy skills to enable the exchange of complex information. Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Tech Stack - We'd love you to have experience in: React, Next JS for server side rendering, styled components, NodeJS, Unit testing (we use Jest), Docker, Kubernetes
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- R&D opportunities and twice-yearly Hackathons — it’s important to us that everyone in our team is immersed in Tech and has time to play and innovate
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Unlimited pats with our office dog — Insta-famous @iamfrankiethepomsky
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week, normally Monday-Friday