Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
PLATFORM ENGINEER - FULL TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our IT Operations & Engineering department for a Platform Engineer. You will report into the Head of Engineering supporting our development teams in taking full ownership of their pipelines and infrastructure. We’re looking for someone with a background in development, with a passion for sharing knowledge and collaborating with development teams. Our developers work with a range of technologies, and the successful candidate will be able to help architect solutions suited to each individual team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing automation and tools, to reduce toil and improve repeatability of processes
- Define reliability metrics, and work to ensure services meet them
- Collaborate with the development teams to improve service reliability, scalability, and tooling
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack, software, hardware, cloud, and networking
- To ensure that any work applied to your teams is shared across peers to build up best practice
- To support the team in identifying issues with code / deliverables
- Act as governance / competency for the team – ensuring they are adhering to standards but more importantly, actively driving your skill in to the teams with pair programming, post mortems and retrospectives
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own role and how this inter-relates with other roles to deliver outputs. Keeps up to date with developments in their technical or professional area of expertise. Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within broader projects. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, legislative etc.). Selects the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- A good understanding of the department and how it interacts and collaboratives with other departments within the Company. Has a thorough understanding of professional area and how it fits within the wider Company.
- Provides guidance/support for new team members. May coordinate tasks for the team and check on quality and work progress. May act as coach/ mentor.
- Typically resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on priorities. Has clearly defined areas of responsibility. Requires good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information to continuously raise the bar.
- Impacts by influencing decisions through advice to others in area of specialisation. Influencing decisions through responsibility for quality and timeliness of end results of their work area, which will eventually impact the overall performance and effectiveness of the department. Develops strong partnerships internally and externally to positively impact the customer.
- Sound communication and diplomacy skills to enable the exchange of complex information. Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- R&D opportunities and twice-yearly Hackathons — it’s important to us that everyone in our team is immersed in Tech and has time to play and innovate
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Unlimited pats with our office dog — Insta-famous @iamfrankiethepomsky
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week, normally Monday