Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER– FULL-TIME, WASHINGTON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We are now looking to expand our head office team with the addition of a second Retail Operations Manager. The manager we are looking for is looking for the next step in their career, someone who lives and breathes Retail and relishes the fast paced ever changing environment. We need a manager who is an inspirational leader with a wealth of experience in Retail, capable of taking END. Retail to the next level as we expand our portfolio of bricks and mortar stores internationally.
Reporting to the Head of Retail, you will be responsible for improving productivity, customer experience and service levels by mentoring and managing the individual store managers. You will also be responsible for successfully opening new stores both in the UK and internationally. You will be part of an inspirational team who settle for nothing less than the absolute best. Come to us with high standards and big ideas and become part of this ground-breaking Retail Team at this exciting time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate as a role model, providing Managers with a supportive environment in which they can succeed
- Ensuring END. standards are met and maintained by performing regular visits and catch-up sessions at store level
- Support all Managers in the development of their people and the development of effective succession planning
- To manage resources against revenue targets through the store management teams.
- To support the merchandising of the stores, ensuring appropriate stock of continuous and launch product
- Deal with problems by providing creative and practical solutions
- Evaluate performance using key metrics and address any issues to improve it
- Report on progress and issues to senior management.
- Aid the effective recruitment of all operational personnel, ensuring we recruit the right people who demonstrate the END. behaviours
- Audit management
- Supporting the Store Managers in maximising Sales and profitability
- Assist senior managers in decisions for expansion
- Develop best practice across the teams and construct plans of action to address any performance shortfalls.
- Work and assist on special projects, as and when
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Takes the initiative to keep own and team’s skills and knowledge of Retail processes and procedures up to date.
- In-depth understanding of how the departments within Retail interact and collaborate across the business to achieve business objectives.
- Understanding of the industry, commercial awareness with knowledge of challenges and changes in the Retail landscape.
- Leadership and management responsibility for teams within the department along with financial accountability for independent budgets delivered through teams.
- Analyse and interpret data from both internal and external sources, understanding the root cause of problems and development solutions using judgement in complex situations, continuously raising the bar.
- Looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on individual and departmental priorities.
- Makes decisions which impact the achievement of Retail objectives and financial performance. Has influence over resources, operational practices and planning.
- Has accountability for end results of the department, impacting the function’s overall performance and end results.
- Positively impacts customer experience through the performance of the stores and other Retail teams.
- Able to exchange ideas and information effectively in a clear, concise and straightforward way. Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders including peers, senior leaders and team members and external stakeholders where required to achieve functional objectives.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time