Recognised as one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, it's a really exciting time to be joining END. If you're positive, passionate and dedicated, and want to be part of our future success, this could be the role for you.
COPY TEAM LEADER - WASHINGTON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee a team of copywriters, ensuring that all online product descriptions are written to the highest standard and reflect the END. tone of voice.
- Manage individuals’ performance, ensuring deadlines are met by Copywriters in a fast-paced KPI-driven environment.
- Monitor standards of product descriptions across the website, checking accuracy, grammar and consistency.
- Maintain the Copy Style Guide and brand tone of voice.
- Develop the team in their writing and editing skills through training and workshops.
- Conduct site audits, sub-editing copy and providing feedback to all levels of Copywriters.
- Demonstrate competitor awareness and pay close attention to current trends to ensure the team is trained in key brands, products and seasonal trends.
- Liaise with brands and buyers for information when required.
- Assist management in recruitment of Copywriters, conducting probationary and annual reviews, daily reporting of team performance.
- Assist on all ad-hoc copy requirements.
What you'll be able to demonstrate
Skills and experience:
- Excellent written English with previous experience in writing and editing.
- The ability and confidence to lead and manage a team of copywriters.
- Experience in setting and meeting deadlines within a busy team.
- A proven ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads, meet tight deadlines and work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding organisational skills and time-management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong interest in fashion, and a thorough knowledge of men’s trends and garment terminology.
- A positive, enthusiastic, team-orientated attitude.
- Experience with CMS systems (Magento) is preferable but not required.
What we can offer you:
- Generous staff discount and staff sales
- 22 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: 5 days a week, 42.5 hours a week
Closing Date: August 2020