END. Clothing is looking for a security officer to join our security team in North Shields.
The successful candidate will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication skills. Working on a very busy site your typical duties are likely to include first line response to daily security incidents, monitoring access and egress of both personnel and vehicles. You will also be dealing with general enquiries from both staff and members of the public and will be required to write clear and concise reports when required.
- Monitor CCTV
- Secure all company premises and personnel by patrolling property regularly, inspecting buildings and access points and permitting / denying entry.
- Carry out security checks including searches of personal effects which includes vehicles, pockets, bags and jackets.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing of violators and restraining trespassers.
- Maintain accurate reports by recording observations & occurrences, surveillance activities, interviewing witnesses & obtaining signatures.
- Act lawfully in direct defence of life or property
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates
- Perform first aid or CPR where required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Level 2 award - working as a security officer
- SIA Licence – Security officer / CCTV
- First Aid / Fire warden training
- Ability to operate detecting systems
- Excellent knowledge of security procedures / protocols
- Surveillance skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- A flexible approach to your work
- The ability to remain confidential where required
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines
- Tidy and organised
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
All successful candidates are subject to BS7858 security clearance. A clear 5 year checkable employment history is therefore imperative to the selection process.
Applicants will require their own transport as travel between current sites may be required to cover shifts and commitment to a shift pattern which will be worked on days and evenings to include some weekends. The average weekly hours will total 42.5.