Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
FINANCE MANAGER - FULL TIME, NORTH SHIELDS
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Finance team for a Finance Manager. The job role will be to manage the management accounts function and team, including customs clearance. The main responsibility is to work with the wider team to collate and report on company performance, and to lead on departmental governance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of production of MI pack including planning and delegation of work, review, development of processes and outputs, automation, narration on a timely basis to aid decision making. This includes shaping and developing the MI pack and relevant outputs.
- Develop, coach, mentor and challenge an ambitious, high performing team
- Robust controls, leading on governance with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Oversight of balance sheet reconciliation including stock reporting; review of data and delivery of meaningful analysis
- Leading the preparation of Board Pack, delivering accurate and insightful reports
- Quarterly deep dive balance sheet reporting and analysis
- Departmental reporting to the wider business. Develop and harness excellent internal relationships, partnering with Departmental heads to understand their financial performance.
- Oversee and manage year end process including preparation of statutory accounts
- Oversee treasury and ensure daily cash management, onboarding of new payment methods, and weekly cash reporting
- Develop excellent external relationships with banks and payment providers
- Credit card and company expenses review and reporting
- Oversee customs clearance processes ensuring compliance
- Provide quick, insightful and reliable ad hoc reporting
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to unblock any issues and drive positive change.
- Understanding requirements of the team and capabilities within the level of resource, acting on the outputs accordingly.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- High calibre qualified, with extensive experience
- Experienced leader who is committed to developing a team of professionals
- Significant experience of working in a finance department with excellent transferable skills
- E-commerce / retail sector experience beneficial, but not a pre-requisite
Ambitious, hardworking attitude
- Highly analytical, with the ability to manipulate and analyse high volumes of transactional data with ease
- Excellent IT skills, specifically advanced Excel & systems knowledge
Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercial acumen and exposure to/ understanding of the global currency markets would be beneficial Exposure to ERP implementations would be advantageous
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time