Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST (SDET) - FULL TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our IT Operations & Engineering department for an SDET - Software Development Engineer in Test. You will report into the Lead SDET supporting our development teams in taking full ownership of their testing automation. We’re looking for someone with a background in development, with a passion for sharing knowledge and collaborating with development teams. Our developers work with a range of technologies, and the successful candidate will be able to help architect testing solutions and strategies suited to each individual team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing automation tests to improve quality and support of various types of software applications, including web and mobile applications.
- Designing, creating, and executing automated test cases to validate the functionality of software applications.
- Work closely with software developers to ensure that the code is testable and that the application is built to high-quality standards.
- Identifying defects in software applications, creating bug reports, and tracking the status of the bugs until they are resolved.
- Conducting performance testing to ensure that software applications can handle high levels of traffic and activity.
- Documenting the testing processes and creating test plans to ensure that all aspects of the software application are tested.
- Implementing testing best practices, including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes, to ensure that software applications are tested efficiently and effectively.
- Creating and maintaining test automation frameworks and tools that enable the team to test software applications effectively and efficiently.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will be someone from a Testing Engineer background or Software Engineering with some testing experience.
- Experience writing functional, API, Regression and E2E Tests
- Experience with automated CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Cypress, WebDriverIO and Selenium
- Experience creating test migrations, mocks, seeding and fixtures
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Some knowledge of Git eg. branching, git merge/rebase, Gitflow vs Trunk-based development etc
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter and motivated and requires little supervision but knows when to ask for help from colleagues
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own role and how this inter-relates with other roles to deliver outputs.
- Keeps up to date with developments in their technical or professional area of expertise.
- Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within broader projects.
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, legislative etc.).
- Selects the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- Provides guidance/support for new team members. May coordinate tasks for the team and check on quality and work progress. May act as coach/ mentor.
- Sound communication and diplomacy skills to enable the exchange of complex information. Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of React testing Libraries.
- Experience testing Magento (Adobe Commerce)
- Experience testing iPaaS/SaaS supported integrations
- Experience or exposure to the Retail industry
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Hybrid working
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Access to END. Exclusives benefits platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Registered access to Healthcare Benefits provider
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time