Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - FULL TIME, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our the Property team for a Maintenance Technician. The Property team are responsible for maintaining our commercial premises with a focus on customer experience. Our aim is to maintain our stores, warehouse and head office facilities to an extremely high standard.
What you'll be doing
- Day to day maintenance of onsite facilities including toilets and kitchen areas.
- Management of maintenance & service records.
- Ground maintenance including grass cutting and weeding.
- Waste management.
- Health and Safety equipment maintenance and testing, i.e. fire alarms, fire doors etc.
- Basic maintenance / support with heating, plumbing and electrical issues.
- Internal & external building maintenance including ground-level checks of roofs, gutters, drain covers, fixtures, finishes, etc.
- General maintenance and up-keep of property condition including but not limited to painting and redecoration.
- Ad-Hoc support with out of hours work when required, in line with planned and requested maintenance / callouts.
- Carrying out any other duties as can reasonably be asked.
- To actively follow and promote company health and safety procedures.
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures.
What you'll be able to demonstrate
Skills and Experience:
- Basic maintenance practices and procedures.
- A working knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, and environmental practices.
- Effective communication (verbal & written), organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of engaging with high level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Previous experience in a facility services environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to speak with people at all levels
- Capable of working on own initiative, under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify hazards in the workplace
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines
- Be prepared to work additional hours from time to time.
- Driver with own car.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discount and staff sales
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Eye-test vouchers
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date for applications: November 2020