Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
TALENT ACQUISITION/PEOPLE BUSINESS PARTNER – IT ENGINEERING– FULL-TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We have an exciting opportunity in our People team for a People Business Partner supporting Engineering. The People team have just been awarded Team of the Year by the CIPD for their outstanding achievements over the last 18-months. Now is a really exciting time to be joining the team and be involved in the further growth and expansion of the team and the company.
The People Business Partner will work in partnership with the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and senior leaders to ensure effective implementation of the People strategy. The successful candidate will understand the key issues facing the business area, particularly around recruitment and retention, and identify opportunities to drive change in people management practices. They will support leaders with longer term resource planning, talent management, employee engagement and succession planning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development of people plans and tactical initiatives to support the delivery of the overall People strategy across Engineering.
- Creation of effective relationships across all levels through consultancy, influencing, engagement and coaching to improve manager and employee capability.
- Working in partnership with the CTO and Head of Talent, to create an effective attraction strategy, leaning heavily toward direct sourcing.
- Managing and work with 3rd party suppliers to deliver exceptional service levels.
- Innovate with new strategies for attracting top technical talent, focusing on pipeline development for critical positions whilst focusing on diversity & inclusion in the recruitment of all roles.
- Support managers to develop resourcing plans to meet business growth aspirations, challenge resourcing proposals and work with the Recruitment team to deliver high quality recruitment campaigns, ensuring exceptional candidate experience for all candidates.
- Work with managers to bring the best solutions for employee retention and development.
- Support the delivery of the employee engagement strategy for Engineering, working closely with managers and leaders.
- Coach and support managers to develop a high-performance culture where personal objectives are aligned with departmental business plans.
- Work in partnership with managers to develop absence management and wellbeing strategies.
- Understand training and development needs for each department, liaising with managers and the Talent team to ensure departmental training plans are developed and delivered to support the achievement of business goals.
- Support the Engineering Management team to deliver organisational change initiatives to achieve business growth and improvements plans. Work across business disciplines to lead and influence change at a strategic level.
- Challenge organisational structure and actively design improvements, designing key job positions and succession plans.
- Support on employee relations matters across London based teams. Assess risk and identify gaps in employee relation processes.
- Support the Head of People Services and undertake project work as business needs evolve, both within and outside the People Team.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with leaders to create positive business outcomes.
- Strong networks within the Engineering and Tech communities.
- Able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made.
- Experience of building strong relationships with stakeholders and able to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Understands cultural drivers and supports the changes needed across the operational area.
- Takes a coaching approach with departmental managers and own team to navigate complex situations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time