Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
TEAM MANAGER (GOODS IN) - FULL TIME, NORTH SHIELDS
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Logistics department for a Team Manager responsible for Goods In. Reporting to the Inbound Manager, we are looking for someone who can drive Inbound volume within a fast-paced environment with ‘Time to Site’ the ultimate goal. Being able to motivate team colleagues and experienced in performance management are essential for this role. The successful candidate will demonstrate a pro-active attitude with engaging communication skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Be involved in the daily control and organisation of Logistics Department
- Ensure that all team members are meeting the required performance expectation for their job role from both a quality and quantity perspective
- Motivate the team to achieve personal KPIs and workload targets
- Liaise with all other departments to maximise the productivity and efficiency of the business
- Work closely with Department Managers and other Team Managers providing regular feedback on team and individual performance and identifying training needs
- Provide support, mentorship and coaching to team members
- Establish and sustain high standards through impeccable attention to detail
What you'll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the range of processes, procedures and systems used in carrying out tasks and activities across the team and how these inter-relate with other teams to deliver outputs.
- Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within departmental projects to continuously improve. Plans, schedules and monitors work of self and others to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of the team and how it interacts and collaborates with other teams within the department and function. Tasks are closely related to that of other departments or functions to the extent that performance is subject to understanding how areas co-ordinate and contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the function.
- Management responsibility for ensuring team members are motivated and capable of delivering a high-quality service and performance. Focus includes setting objectives, coaching employees to achieve objectives and reviewing performance relative to objectives.
- Make judgements based on good practice and previous experience. Looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on individual and team priorities. Ability to assess the validity of previous or similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances that are not covered by standing operating procedures to continuously raise the bar.
- Influencing decisions through joint accountability for the volume, quality and timeliness of end results of work area, such that the work and performance of all teams within the area will be directly affected by the performance of the job, resulting in the overall performance and effectiveness of the department. Positively impacts customer experience through the performance of the team.
- Sound communication and diplomacy skills to enable the exchange of complex information. Able to exchange ideas and information effectively in a clear, concise and straightforward way. Requires a high degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and handling sensitive issues.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discount and staff sales
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Eye-test vouchers
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time