Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
BUYING DIRECTOR – FULL TIME, LONDON OR NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
END. is a leading digital e-commerce fashion retailer working closely with over 700 global brands & designers serving over three million customers across the globe. Operating for over 16 years, END. has established itself as a key multiband partner with a strong product curation & meaningful connection with its customer. For END.’s brands & designer partners END. goes beyond a traditional transactional retail model, working together in much closer collaboration via a lens of unique customer experience and storytelling.
The Buying Director role will be based in either London or at our company HQ in Newcastle Upon Tyne and will report into our joint-CEO’s. The Buying Director role will lead the END. Buying team and play a key role in both building relationships further with our partners but also realising the commercial opportunities created by our unique and amazing brands & designers. The Buying Director is responsible for supporting the CEO’s in forming and delivering the Product & buying strategy for each of our departments; Menswear, Womenswear, Lifestyle & Sportswear.
The Buying Director has full accountability for ensuring the cascade and delivery of the strategy with and through their team, as well as the development and delivery of outstanding product, maximising all margin opportunities. The Buying Director will role model exceptional product skills and buying attributes, providing inspiring leadership and consistently high levels of engagement across their own team and beyond to achieve the best possible results. The Buying Director will develop and train best in class Buyers, and the next Buying Managers of the future.
Success will be achieved though effective planning, tracking & reporting, awareness of key commercial data and customer trends, excellent supplier relations and internal networks, and execution of the Buying Strategy to deliver revenue and profit plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for helping form the buying strategy, the buying processes and effectively communicating and cascading the strategy to the wider buying team
- Leading, managing and developing a team of over 20 Buyers, Merchandisers and BA’s across both Men’s & Womenswear buying categories
- Further develop brand & designer relationships to help facilitate future growth that includes both digital & physical international retail store expansion. In turn building strong & trusted relationships with the key stakeholders within each brand
- Working closely with the CEO’s and CFO to develop the planning & management of all seasonal budgets including Board level reporting
- To lead & be the main point of contact for all strategic presentations, negotiation and buying development meetings with our biggest & most important brand partners
- Oversee the seasonal buying & order process with the senior buyers to ensure that logistically all orders are placed in a well-planned & timely manner
- Work closely with the merchandising team to deliver on stock management KPI’s such as stock turn, sell through, weeks in business and exit margin.
- Deliver a talent pipeline for Buying through providing learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring. The Buying Director will develop and train best in class Buyers, and the next generation of Buyers of the future. Coach & develop the team with a mix of informal feedback, formal training and more specific support where required
- Manage teams effectively, setting a clear direction and key objectives to be achieved, ensuring the team is aligned and working towards those objectives, providing timely feedback and support to enable each Buyer to work to the best of their abilities, and empowering others to make decisions and take action
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience of working within leadership positions within the fashion & retail industry
- Educated to degree level
- Strong demonstrable buying experience
- Excellent commercial & analytical skills with strong understanding of commercial buying KPI’s & metrics
- Exceptional track record of successfully leading teams in a growing business
- Strong ability and track record of influencing and motivating across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with senior leaders at brands & suppliers
- Ability to communicate and align team to strategy and vision
- Ability to work and thrive in a passionate, energetic and performance-driven environment where brands, product, curation and the consumer are at the heart of everything we do
- Track record of building strong, genuine relationships with a highly collaborative approach
- Ability to manage multiple teams and multitask multiple workstreams
What we can offer you:
The package offered will be commensurate with the skills and experience required for the role. Other benefits offered are:
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Access to END. Exclusives benefits platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Registered access to Healthcare Benefits provider
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time