Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
GOODS IN MANAGER - FULL TIME, NORTH EAST UK (NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE AND WASHINGTON)
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Logistics department for a Goods In Manager. Reporting to the Inbound Manager, we are looking for someone who can drive Inbound volume within a fast-paced environment with ‘Time to Site’ the ultimate goal. Motivating team colleagues and experienced in performance management. Demonstrates a pro-active attitude with engaging communication skills. A dynamic individual with an aptitude towards continuous improvement and implementing process.
What you'll be doing
- Management of all warehouse colleagues allocated to their team.
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and general well-being of all employees within the shift rotation, in accordance with current legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Control of all goods into site (Inbound deliveries).
- Accountable for delivery of all directives prescribed by Department Manager.
- Daily labour planning input to ensure resource is balanced across the team and that performance targets are being met.
- Reporting and justification of performance, inputting towards implementing remedies to adversity and sharing best practice.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure that the operational requirements and parameters are being realised and enforced.
- Implementation and management of new operational practices, incorporating RA and SWPs.
- Reviewing and analysing current processes and procedures in order to drive continuous improvement
- Actively drive high standards within the team and promote a culture of excellence in every aspect of the role.
- Coach, support and motivate direct reports and colleagues and implement structured development programmes.
- Create high levels of employee engagement by managing day-to-day communications and promoting performance through engagement strategies within the team.
- Ensure all team warehousing activities are conducted in-line with the company H&S policies.
- Carrying out any other duties as can reasonably be requested.
What you'll be able to demonstrate
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a similar role/environment is essential.
- Previous multi-site experience is ideal.
- Experience of working within a Continuous Improvement environment.
- Six Sigma/Lean Process Improvement qualification would be beneficial.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to END.’s internal customers and contractors.
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people.
- Strong teamwork skills are essential.
- A flexible approach to your work.
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Being prepared to work additional hours as required.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discount and staff sales
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Eye-test vouchers
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: Your standard working hours will be 5 days per week, 42.5 hrs per week (shifts)