Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER – WASHINGTON, TYNE AND WEAR
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our IT & Engineering department/ for a Infrastructure Engineer. You’ll be working with our IT Operations Team to support the constant improvement of our IT infrastructure, skills and technology offerings across all of our sites.
What you’ll be doing:
- Technical support lead.
- Assisting colleagues with second line/third line issues.
- Maintenance of Office 365 email system, including management of viruses and spam control.
- Management and maintenance of WSUS.
- Rebuilding and where necessary proactively replacing retiring hardware.
- Actively monitor server error logs and seeking to resolve any issues discovered.
- Manage and maintain all network hardware including but not limited to servers, switches, telephony system, security appliance and UPS’s.
- Maintenance of active directory structure at all levels.
- Management of DHCP and DNS across multiple sites.
- Management and maintenance of wired and wireless network infrastructure – Meraki & Cisco Technologies.
- Maintaining SAN/QNAP/NAS/Cloud Storage across the business.
- Provide end user training on new and existing systems.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as required.
- Remote and off-site support of remote workers.
- Assisting IT Manager with driving business strategy and needs
- Purchasing and ordering of IT equipment to meet with business requirements.
- Liaising with 3rd Party Support vendors for quotations and support issues.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in the IT industry.
- Ability to work closely with fellow colleagues in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Active Directory, O365, Microsoft Server technologies, Microsoft Desktop operating systems, VMWare and SQL server.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management, organisational and communicative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is required.
- Previous experience in corporate Network Infrastructure, including Cisco/Meraki technologies.
- Hands on experience with an ERP system.
- SQL Knowledge and experience preferable.
- Focus and awareness of new industry technologies.
- Passion/Focus on retail a bonus
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: Your standard working hours will be 42.5 hours per week, normally Monday-Friday