This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Back-End Developer to join END. – the leading global online destination for contemporary menswear – working as a key part of our rapidly growing digital team. We run one of the busiest Magento Enterprise websites in the world, and as such our development team is tasked with constant innovation in order to push the limits of the platform.
As a Senior Developer you will be working as part of our small but highly focused back-end team to implement new features and functionality in a scalable, performant way and in accordance with Magento best practices. You will assist the Lead in managing the rest of the team and provide support in architecting solutions, delegating tasks, and ensuring projects are staying on track. You’ll also play a key role in supporting the growth of the team in line with business objectives, and be able to bring new ideas and technologies to the table that may help us achieve our goals.
As part of our in house team you will be able to produce your best work, in a relaxed creative environment, and you’ll be rewarded by seeing the impact of your work on real customers in the real world.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Develop and implement new cutting edge functionality and features for Magento Enterprise Edition.
- Play a key role in architecting new features to ensure they are approached in the correct way.
- Provide support and mentoring to the rest of the team and assist with code reviews.
- Work with the Lead Backend Developer to identify training and development opportunities for the team.
- Ensure that the team are collaborating and assist the Lead Developer in ensuring that projects and timelines are staying on track.
- Support the front-end development team in creating any bespoke functionality required to drive front-end elements.
- Provide and design REST APIs for consumption by other internal development teams.
- Help remove blockers for the rest of the Backend team.
- Develop features and functionality outside of Magento.
- Work to improve performance and scalability.
- Implement integrations to third party systems such as ERP, payment gateways, fraud and marketing solutions.
We’re looking for
- 5+ years commercial PHP / MySQL experience.
- 2+ years working with Magento (preferably Magento Enterprise Edition)
- You should have some Magento 2 projects under your belt.
- Experience of architecting solutions and delegating work to team members.
- Experience of the cloud and deployments, we use AWS and Jenkins.
- Solid experience working with 3rd party integrations and API’s
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of/experience of working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- An aptitude for creative problem solving.
- A passion for creating clean and efficient code.
- Excellent written and spoken English
What We Offer
- Relaxed open plan office in Old Street, Central London
- R&D opportunities and twice yearly Hackathons — it’s important to us that everyone in our team is immersed in Tech and has time to play and innovate
- Training and development budget
- Unlimited pats with our office dog — Insta-famous @iamfrankiethepomsky
- Regular team outings & Friday drinks
- Generous staff discount
- High spec hardware (Macbook Pro and high-resolution monitor)
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme