Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER, DISPATCH – FULL-TIME, NORTH EAST
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear, and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Logistics department for a Dispatch Department Manager. This is a pivotal role here at END. responsible for people, quality, and health and safety. Working in a fast-paced and innovative department, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to positively impact the customer experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of all warehouse colleagues allocated to their department.
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and general well-being of all employees within the department, in accordance with current legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Control of all goods in OR out of site (product receipt OR customer fulfilment) depending on the department being managed.
- Accountable for delivery of all directives prescribed by General Manager.
- Daily labour planning to ensure resource is balanced across the department and that performance targets are being met.
- Reporting and justification of performance, implementing remedies to adversity and sharing best practice.
- Liaising with external departments to ensure that the operational requirements and parameters are being realised and enforced.
- Implementation and management of new operational practices, incorporating Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work.
- Reviewing and analysing current processes and procedures in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Actively drive high standards within the department and promote a culture of excellence in every aspect of the role.
- Coach, mentor and support direct reports and colleagues and implement structured development programmes.
- Create high levels of employee engagement by managing day-to-day communications and promoting performance through engagement strategies within the operation.
- Ensure accurate and relevant people processes are managed and carried out in a timely manner e.g. appraisals, return to work, investigations, grievances and disciplinary hearings.
- Ensure all department activities are conducted in-line with the company H&S policies.
- Embrace an holistic approach to operations, ensuring close liaison with department managers both within and across sites to ensure sharing of best practices and a joined-up approach.
- Carrying out any other duties as can reasonably be requested.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a similar role/environment is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate measurable impact in previous roles in similar environments.
- Experience of working within a Continuous Improvement environment.
- Six Sigma/Lean Process Improvement qualification would be beneficial.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to effectively influence those at a senior level.
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to END.’s internal customers and contractors.
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people.
- Strong teamwork skills are essential.
- A flexible approach to your work.
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Being prepared to work additional hours as required.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Normal working hours: Your standard working hours will be 42.5 hours per week.
Closing date for applications: 23rd
October 2020, however this vacancy may close earlier due to the volume of applications we receive.