END. is a global destination for pinnacle products from over 450 leading brands and designers. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Product Design Intern to join END.
Working alongside our brand partners you will support the creation of market leading products, including apparel and accessories but with a strong focus on footwear. You will be expected to aid in executing a diverse range of design functions including, but not limited to: storytelling, creation of concept boards, trend reports, tech drawings, colour-ways, material-ups, and logo/component development.
Our dream candidate is someone who thinks big and is constantly bringing new ideas to the table. A trendsetter who is passionate about the END. brand and truly immersed in the industry we live and breathe. A passion for creativity, able to build relationships with key stakeholders, organised and work to tight deadlines. You’ll need to be a well-rounded designer and have an interest in all areas of fashion and lifestyle, and a strong interest and knowledge of sneakers.
- Work on design / concept boards to communicate design and ideas around projects
- Work with Product Design Team to develop collaborative products with brand partners from concept to final production
- Sketch product designs and produce line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and details as necessary in both 2D and 3D
- Create supporting artwork that illustrates design concepts and tells stories to the consumer
- Justify the selection of colour, materials and components used in product designs and understand the impact of choices on costing and overall design aesthetic
- Maintain and update tech packs and other materials to hand-off to brand partners for sample manufacturing
- Attend and contribute in sample review sessions
- Meet calendar deadlines and deliverables
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for product design and an active interest in footwear and high-end men’s fashion.
- High level of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Footwear design experience preferred
- Strong communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Ability to receive design critique and respond with multiple solutions
- Understanding of materials and their application to footwear designs
- Understanding of material development processes and footwear construction
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
- Confident, personable and a team player
- Excellent product and industry knowledge
- Ability to work independently