Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
CARRIER MANAGER – FULL-TIME, WASHINGTON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Logistics team for a Carrier Manager. As Carrier Manager, you will help drive strategic and operational relationships with outbound carriers fulfilling both global ecommerce and UK/EU retail store demand. It will play a key role in managing the long-term relationship between END. and its carriers. The CM will be responsible for driving improvements to complex logistics problems, pursuing strategic initiatives, managing innovation projects, delivering operational readiness plans and ensuring the carriers meet our customer fulfilment demands.
The CM will also be accountable for dealing with challenging operations issues that will require a deep analysis of our fulfilment network, and they will have the ability to implement solutions that will influence tactical and operational objectives.
This role will support the overall Company supply chain strategy through optimisation of global outbound strategy, ensuring both customer experience and cost objectives are maximised. The role will oversee and deliver commercial tendering opportunities as required.
The CM will play a lead role in driving Company ESG objectives through identification of sustainable initiatives with carriers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s overall outbound and returns carrier operations in order to maximise customer experience, process efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Collaboration with Logistics Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Services and Finance.
- Ownership of commercial/operational relationship with outbound and returns carriers. Support Supply Chain Manager as needed with Inbound supply relationship management.
- Development and execution of contract negotiation/tender process.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, DCs, and Retail teams to improve customer experience, costs or processes.
- Driving innovation by taking ownership of strategic/tactical/operational projects relating to outbound/returns carriage.
- Execution of performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, quality, etc.) for outbound transportation and derive associated improvement plans (to include any 3PL related activity).
- Reconciliation, analysis and approval of all non-standard carrier surcharges, ensuring first time pass through finance with justification and identification of opportunities to reduce associated ongoing costs.
- Participation in and contribution/ownership towards daily ops calls, WBRs, MBRs and QBRs with carrier partners, relating to own subject matter.
- Production and communication of transport plans/forecasts to Logistics/Retail operations stakeholders.
- Management of carrier related escalations.
- Delivery of Q4 contingency plans by carrier to successfully deliver peak.
- Support and contribute to overall Logistics/Supply Chain strategy and collaborate with peers within the senior leadership team within this division.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Prior experience of managing multi-carrier relationships, delivering global ecommerce fulfilment solutions.
- Broad commercial experience of development and execution of commercial tendering and procurement of carrier services.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of multiple departments within the function, with diverse capabilities, systems, practices and teams. Introduces new developments to manage different strategic priorities and functional goals.
- Comprehensive understanding of the function and how this contributes to achieving the overall business objectives. Comprehensive understanding of the industry, broad commercial awareness with extensive knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector.
- Leadership and management responsibility for a team of department managers contributing to the long-term strategy along with financial accountability for independent budgets delivered through teams.
- Analyse and interpret data from both internal and external sources, understanding the root cause of problems and development of solutions using judgement in complex and unknown situations, to continuously raise the bar. Looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on individual and functional priorities.
- Contributes significantly to both departmental and functional planning, finances/budgets, end results and setting policies. Has significant impact on the function’s overall performance and end results. Positively impacts customer experience through the performance of the function.
- Strong communication and influencing skills working collaboratively with internal stakeholders including peers, senior leaders and team members and external stakeholders where required to achieve functional objectives. Able to exchange ideas and information effectively in a clear, concise and straightforward way.
- Level 7 Professional qualifications or extensive practical knowledge gained through experience
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Access to END. Exclusives benefits platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Registered access to Healthcare Benefits provider
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time, site based.