Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST (SDET) - FULL TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary apparel and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational fashion companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our IT Operations & Engineering department for a Lead SDET – Lead Software Development Engineer in Test. You will report into the Head of Engineering supporting our development teams in taking full ownership of the area of Testing Automation. We’re looking for someone with a background in development, with a passion for sharing knowledge and collaborating with development teams. Our developers work with a range of technologies, and the successful candidate will be able to help architect testing solutions and strategies suited to each individual team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and implementing testing strategies that ensure the quality of software applications.
- Leading a team of SDETs and ensuring that they are working efficiently and effectively.
- work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, product managers, and quality assurance teams, to ensure that software applications are tested thoroughly.
- Identifying and resolving issues that may arise during the testing process.
- Creating and maintaining test automation frameworks that enable the team to test software applications efficiently and effectively.
- Implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes to ensure that software applications are tested and delivered quickly and efficiently.
- Training and mentoring team members to ensure that they are proficient in testing methodologies and tools.
- Establishing testing best practices that the team can follow to ensure that software applications are tested thoroughly and efficiently.
- Conducting performance testing to ensure that software applications can handle high levels of traffic and activity.
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will be someone from a Testing Engineer management background or Software Engineering management with some testing experience.
- Have a strong understanding of software testing methodologies such as unit testing, integration testing, and system testing.
- Experience with testing tools and frameworks such as Cypress, WebDriverIO Selenium, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, and other tools commonly used in the software development industry.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes and tools.
- Have strong leadership and team management skills to lead a team of SDETs and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with team members, stakeholders, and other cross-functional teams.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues that may arise during the testing process.
- Experience with performance testing and tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform to create and maintain test environments.
- Keeps up to date with developments in their technical or professional area of expertise.
- Accountable for delivering assigned tasks within broader projects.
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, legislative etc.).
- Selects the appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- A proven history of leading teams and projects
Nice to have
- Experience testing Magento (Adobe Commerce)
- Experience testing iPaaS/SaaS supported integrations
- Experience or exposure to the Retail industry
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and birthday)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Hybrid working
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Access to END. Exclusives benefits platform
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Registered access to Healthcare Benefits provider
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time