Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it’s a really exciting time to be joining END. If you’re positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
FINANCE MANAGER - FULL TIME, NORTH EAST UK
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Finance Department for a Finance Manager. We are looking for a driven and experienced manager, to lead our growing team, to drive efficiency improvements, further develop the controls and governance environment, and deliver an excellent, customer first service.
What you'll be doing
- Leading the strategic development of the Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger function.
- Leading, training and developing the team to support progression.
- Managing stakeholder relationships to the highest of standards (external and internal).
- High-level collaborative engagement with the CFO and joint CEOs / Co-Founders (this is a uniquely positioned and high-profile role which will support the efficient running of the company, and provide excellent experience and development opportunities).
- Working closely with suppliers to ensure END. is a great partner.
- Develop best in class systems and processes to drive continual improvements and transformation.
- Ensuring existing/new suppliers comply with the new vendor setup process.
- Assist the processing and reviewing of invoices to ensure accuracy of approvals & coding. Ensure the accuracy of the purchase ledger accounting system.
- Lead the undertaking of supplier statement reconciliations.
- Regular GRNI & creditors reporting.
- Support month end responsibilities, including the provision of accruals and postings.
- Responsible for leading and overseeing payment runs.
- Overseeing expenses management.
- Supporting the development of Financial controls across the finance function.
- Member of the Finance Leadership team, focused on fostering and developing a high-performance environment and creating a positive, collaborative, and great place to work.
What you'll be able to demonstrate
Skills and experience
- Over 5 years’ experience leading a successful accounts payable function.
- Experience of a high-volume operation with multiple suppliers.
- Experience of stock accounting (multiple products, brands and SKUs).
- Experience of various VAT treatments of invoices and preferably with some knowledge of customs.
- Educated to degree level, in Accounting, Finance, Management, or equivalent field.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Motivation to maintain and develop internal and external relationships.
- Experience of using, developing and improving finance systems and processes.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discount and staff sales
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Eye-test vouchers
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time
Working hours: Normal working hours will be 5 days a week, 42.5hrs a week
Closing date for applications: July 2020